16/09/2012

Skin Care Routine

I have never been one to look after my skin or get into a proper skin care routine. I would stick with a "routine" for about a week and then I would get over that and forget about it!

But, over the last year I have been slowly working my way up to having a skin care routine in place. It started with me always putting moisturiser on under my foundation, and has now developed into a cleanse, tone, and moisturise routine.

Now, when it comes to the products I use, I am in no way an expert as to which products are better for my skin because frankly, I have not tried enough! I have in the past used Natio products which I have mentioned in other posts. I do love Natio, and would definitely repurchase their cleanser, toner and moisturizer. They are also very well priced.  But I recently ran out, so I have started using the 3 step skin routine from Clinique (I was given these as a present for my 21st birthday)

NB: I am not reviewing any of the products I have mentioned below. I am simply letting you know what products I use and my routine!
 

Step 1 - Cleanse

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap

 
photo6
 
I keep this in the shower so that I remember to use it! Facial soaps are a great alternative to normal soap as the skin on your face is more sensitive than that of the rest of your body.
 


Step 2 - Tone

Clinique Clarifying Lotion

photo5

This is used all over the face except eyes and is applied with a make up remover pad.
 
For eyes, I am currently using Avene Gentle Eye Make-up Remover to remove any left over eye make up after cleansing as it is not as harsh as toners / make up removers.
 
photo3

Toning is actually quite an important step. I used to always skip this because it is not as easy as applying it with your hands. But you will be surprised at how much product will still come off your face even though you have already cleansed it. The photo below shows how much product I got off of my face even after having a shower and cleansing!
 
photo

Step 3 - Moisturize

Clinique Dramatically Different Mousturizing Lotion

photo2
 
I only complete steps 1 and 2 after I have had a shower, but I moisturize morning and night and if I re-do my makeup throughout the day. This clinique moisturizer only requires you to use a small amount, like in the picture below, as it has very good coverage. 

photo4

NB: A tip my boss was told by her skin care professional - when using moisturizer for the day time, use one with UVB in it not just UV. UVB rays are the main cause of skin cancers.


I must admit, when I am in my routine I can definitely tell the difference in my skin. Whilst we were away earlier this year, my routine got thrown out of whack and my skin became spotty and uneven. I believe that it is important to clean your skin daily especially after make up use.

- J x

No comments:

Post a Comment