13/08/2013

Serving Tray | Makeover



I was having a clean out at work the other day, and I found this old wooden tray that we no longer use. I have seen a lot of serving tray makeovers on Pinterest and knew this would come up a treat with a little bit of TLC!



Step 1 | I gave the tray a light sand. This gets rid of any existing polish etc. and primes it for the paint. It also smoothed out any imperfections in the wood.



Step 2 | I painted the tray in the greyish white I used here for our sidetables.





Step 3 | After picking a paper pattern from Melz Stampz here (she has the most gorgeous patterns - all free to use but please check out her disclaimer!), I used Mod Podge to stick the paper to the bottom of the tray. 



Step 4 | To protect the paint and the paper, I gave the whole thing a coat of clear varnish.



I love the finished look. And to think we were going to chuck this tray in the bin!

- J x

Please click here to see my disclaimer policy.

facebook // twitter // pinterest // ravelry // bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment