04/03/2015

Pea Green Sea | Featured Shop of the Week

Welcome to the first official Featured shop of the week. This week I would like to introduce you to Susan from Pea Green Sea. Susan has been a great help to me in settling into the Etsy Australia community so I was delighted to receive an email response from her about being featured on A Little Bit of Jess.



Tell us a little bit about yourself
Hi, I am Susan. I was raised in the small country town of Gunnedah, in North Western NSW, where crafting was a big part of our lives. Other than working overtime as a mum and wife, I also work as a part-time Podiatrist as well as the owner of a small handmade business called Pea Green Sea. So I fix up ingrown toenails by day, and turn beautiful vintage silk sarees into scarves by night. Quite the unusual combination.

The gorgeous Susan from Pea Green Sea

What made you want to start Pea Green Sea
I started my shop as a bit of a personal challenge. I have been crafty all my life, and I particularly love to sew. I take after my lovely Mum who is a chronic crafter and taught me to sew. I guess I wanted to see if I could earn some income from home, by doing something that I love to do.

Where did the idea for the name Pea Green Sea come from
The name" Pea Green Sea" was inspired by the poem "The Owl and the Pussy cat". This is one of my favourites and I love the whimsical atmosphere and the imagery it creates. I also wanted a business name to stand out and be recognised which can be a problem on such a large platform such as Etsy. If I ever open a homeware shop, it will be called "The Runcible Spoon".


Tell us about the products you sell and your processes
I primarily make and sell infinity scarves using the fabric from vintage silk recycled sarees which I source from a variety of suppliers in India. I like the design of the infinity scarf...no loose ends!  The silk is very light weight, so the scarves are easy and comfortable to wear in any season, and they look amazing anyone. They can also be worn equally with a casual day outfit, or as a unique addition to elegant after 5 evening wear. They also make great gifts to send to family and friends as they are light and easy to post.


What is the most useful piece of advice you have been given in regards to Pea Green Sea
The most useful tip I have been given about my shop is provide exemplary customer service. I ensure that all inquiries are personally attended to promptly, and I go to lengths to make sure my customers know I greatly appreciated their business. I have found that providing excellent service has resulted in many return customers.

What do you love most about Pea Green Sea
I love my shop because it allows me to have a  creative outlet, and provides some much needed balance in my life. I get enormous joy when someone chooses to purchase one of my scarves. You can be sure I am doing a little happy dance whenever I see an new order pop up.
Tell us where we can find out more about you and Pea Green Sea
You can find me here:

Instagram: @pea_green_sea

Previous Featured Shops
Little Miss Lorraine

If you would like your shop to be featured on A Little Bit of Jess, flick me an email me at alittlebitofjess04@gmail.com and I will be in contact with you!

xx

 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea and what a lovely way to start! Heading over to Pea Green Sea to favourite it!
    Cheers,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! Susan's shop is definitely worth a favourite - her scarves are gorgeous xx

      Delete