15/04/2015

Pulp Petals | Featured Shop of the Week

This weeks featured shop of the week is Pulp Petals. We chat to Rachael about her product, processes & what she loves about her shop.


Tell us a little bit about yourself
Hello, I’m Rachael. I live in Adelaide with my Husband (and soul mate) Michael, our two little ones Edith and Angus, and our very crazy cat, a Devon Rex named Basil.


Meet Rachael - the talent behind Pulp Petals

What made you want to start Pulp Petals
I originally set out to make petals for myself and as a thank you gift for a dear friend of mine. My family and friends loved them so much that I found myself making 'petals' for them all, and thus Pulp Petals blossomed! My shop has been a way for me create, learn and grow whilst spending time at home with my young children.


Where did the idea for the name Pulp Petals come from
I wanted the name of my shop to be simple and reflect what I do.  I played around with a few ideas until I chose pulp (which you can make paper from) and then pieced it together with petals to create the name Pulp Petals.


Tell us about the products you sell and your processes
My aim is to create beautiful flowers to enhance life, home, and celebrations. The best bit? Their versatility. They can add a bit of fun to a little girl’s bedroom/party, or can create a unique style for an event.



The flowers make a fantastic gift for a birthday, thank you, thinking of you, or maybe just because. They can also be used for all manner of occasions! Weddings, parties, bridal showers, baby showers, events or functions. 

They also look amazing around home, on a mantle, hall table, in a bedroom or nursery.



Real flowers only last for a small amount of time. These flowers, with the right care, will last for years to come.

I take great care with each and every flower. They are all hand-cut, rolled and glued by me. I like that each one is different in its own way, and putting different colours together gives them a personality of their own.



What is the most useful piece of advice you have been given in regards to Pulp Petals
The most useful advice would been that you need to have great photos & to always respond to customers enquires as soon as possible.  A potential customer needs to be able to see your products in their best possible light, given they cannot see the item in person. Your photos are the first glance someone sees and you want that look to be professional.  Also, none of this comes without a lot of hard work, trial & error.



What do you love most about Pulp Petals
I love my shop. I think it is mostly because I know every photo and word has been created by me. It represents everything I have learnt in the past two years (and, possibly still have to learn). Every sale is so wonderful and there is a wonderful story behind every purchase. 



Tell us where we can find out more about you and Pulp Petals
You can find me here:
Instagram: @pulppetals



xx

Previous Featured Shops

If you would like your shop to be featured on A Little Bit of Jess, flick me an email me at alittlebitofjess04@gmail.com and I will be in contact with you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment